Commercial Radio Projects
A number of more recent commercial radios have been restored and are operational, some as my current or backup amateur station receivers, others just displayed and demonstrated. The display setup also has two mechanical teletype machines Siemens T100 and T68d which print the signals received by the different receiver/demodulator combinations. More tips on restoration will be added when I get around to take some more pictures.
Please feel free to ask any questions covering refurbishment of these fine radios or F1/F6 demodulators.
List of Systems/Sets Covered (excl Collins)
- All Telefunken incl AEG and DASA radios (Germany): → Please go to separate Telefunken page here.
- All Siemens radios (Germany): → Please go to separate Siemens page here.
- Rohde&Schwarz VLF-HF Receiver EK-890 (Germany):
→ Table of Filter Configurations supported by the latest Firmware V4.02
The new firmware listing was obtained courtesy of Roschi Rohde Schwarz AG and burned onto two fresh 27C512 EPROMs.
- Rohde&Schwarz VHF Receiver ESM-2 with EZK Controller and EZP Display (Germany)
- SRT CR91 Receiver and TD90 Exciter (Sweden):
→ CR91 Receiver: User Programming: S-Meter and Filter/Mode
→ TD90 Exciter: Adding LSB to a Unit with USB only, Pictures and Diagram
This receiver is operated with its built-in teletype demodulator.
- National HRO-7T Receiver (USA):
→ Description of some HRO history and the restauration of the HRO7T radio.
This is an article published in the Swiss HISTEC Journal (in German).
- RFT Receiver EKD-315 (GDR)
This receiver has a built-in demodulator but is operated with its optional RFT EZ-100 RF-preselector/teletype demodulator.
- Type 221-1 HF Receiver (China PRC):
→ Picture of my radio here.
- Watkins Johnson Receivers WJ-8888-5 and WJ-521A3 (USA)
My Watkins-Johnson 521-A3 VHF Surveillance Receiver